Monday 14 June 2010

Dell Hell

The Dell Hell case in few lines is about the American blogger Jeff Jarvism that hads bought a Dell computer with an all-inclusive insurance. Shortly after the purchase, the computer crashed and post-sales service of Dell was very unhelpful and the problem extended to the manufacturing department. The issue for Dell has started when Jeff made public its displeasure in diary. When Jeff published an open letter to Michael Dell, things started to get big and relevant, but Dell continued silent.

If I were Michael Dell, even if Jeff were not a big-shot client back at that time, I would have given more attention to it. I would have tried to make my costumer service more diligent and would have researched more about the case for assessment of the risks of image and odds of a loss in a law suit. Although in 2005 blogs were not as popular as today, I would face this open letter potential lawsuit. In short, apart of resolving the technical problem with the computer, I would have done better due diligence to see the ''caliber'' of the unhappy customer, and act accordingly to change the impression of this customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment